Welcome! I’m Jane. Here’s a little about me:
- I was born in England 51 years ago.
- I grew up in Australia, but I’ve lived in Canada for over 18 years.
- I’ve been writing since I was 14.
- I’ve been learning since I was born.
My passions in life
- writing, learning, teaching, being kind, advocating for the invisibly ill, transcending difficulties, spending time with my family
Some words that describe me
- creative, scientific, organized, independent, detail-oriented, hard-working, conscientious, proactive, dedicated, loyal, resilient, determined, strong, hopeful, authentic, loving, compassionate, kind, sincere, empathetic, sensitive, imaginative, respectful, understanding, open-minded, adaptable, patient
For work, I’ve been a
- senior technical writer/editor, chair yoga teacher, chronic illness blogger, support scientist, research assistant, tutor, laboratory demonstrator
My formal studies include
- physics, meteorology and ocean sciences
- Sjogren’s syndrome (an autoimmune disease), depression, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain
Areas of knowledge
- Writing and editing
- Physical sciences (physics, astrophysics, meteorology, solar-terrestrial physics, oceanography, physical processes, numerical modelling)
- Financial services compliance (anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing, registered savings plans and compliance topics for financial services providers)
- Accessibility and disability issues
- Advocacy for people living with invisible illnesses (autoimmune diseases, depression and others)
- Digital art and photography
- Web design and programming
- Chair yoga, mindfulness and meditation.
How I’ve learned all this
- Formal studies
- Learning from mentors and professionals in the field
- Independent research
- Hard work
- Hands-on experimentation
- Life challenges
Would you like to work together?
I want to bring my passion for words and knowledge to your project. If you’d like to work together, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you. – Jane