Hi, I’m Jane! Here’s a little about me:
- I was born in England in 1966.
- My family moved to Australia in 1969.
- I moved to Canada in 1999.
- I’ve been writing since I was 14.
- I’ve been learning since I was born.
My passions in life
- writing, expressing myself through art, teaching adaptive yoga, being kind, learning, advocating for the invisibly ill, transcending difficulties, spending time with my family
Some words that describe me
- honest, kind, creative, scientific, organized, detail-oriented, hard-working, conscientious, proactive, dedicated, loyal, resilient, determined, strong, hopeful, authentic, loving, compassionate, sincere, empathetic, sensitive, imaginative, respectful, understanding, open-minded, adaptable, patient
- climate scientist, technical writer/editor, chair yoga teacher, chronic illness blogger, website developer, research assistant, tutor, laboratory demonstrator
My formal studies
- Include physics, meteorology and ocean sciences
Areas of knowledge
- Writing and editing
- Physical sciences (physics, astrophysics, meteorology, solar-terrestrial physics, oceanography, physical processes, numerical modelling)
- Financial services compliance (anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing, registered plans, and compliance topics for financial services providers)
- Accessibility and disability issues
- Advocacy for people living with chronic illnesses
- Digital art and photography
- Web design and programming
- Chair yoga, mindfulness and meditation.
How I’ve learned all this
- Formal studies, including a Bachelor of Science in physics and some post-grad studies
- Learning from mentors and professionals in the field
- Independent research
- Hard work
- Hands-on experimentation
- Life challenges